Saturday, August 28, 2010

Excapade Teppanyaki (Bunut)

 

And I guess most of you had already visited the latest Excapade’s branch in Bunut!! I was invited by Siew Fong to try dining out at their newly opened Bunut branch, where they introduced their new menu with more varieties such as teppanyaki, shabu shabu and so on.

Within 10 years, Excapade went from this small restaurant in Kiulap to… let me count, 6 branches spread out all over Brunei. Not forgetting to mention 2 more coming up in Seria and Times Square!

00
Block A, Unit 2, Spg 628
Kg Bunut, Jalan Tutong.

Tel : 265 4312 / 7174312

It’s located right next to Akira. With the spanking new signboard, I think it’s difficult to miss it anyway.

01
The new menu! Woooohooooo!!!


02

03

I was really excited seeing the word “Vegetarian” under the LEGENDS & NOTES because I have more than a dozen of friends who are vegetarians, including my mom of course. I know how hard is it for them to order with the “vegetarian please. No onion and garlic” yet some waiter asked “how bout fish?”.

There’s no such thing as “seafoodtarian”.
Vegetarians do not eat seafood!

04
My dining partners. 
L-R : Bobby, Tina, Maurina and Amir.    

Whereas Thanis, Wee Shen, Marul and Jayden sat on the other table.

05
The induction cooker for shabu shabu.  

06
Cutie pie, So-in-love and Mr. Vain.

07
Another one with Cutie pie and So-in-love. Hahahahahaa.

08
Bobby was smart to wear that thick jacket because the air-conditioner was so strong that night!

09
Cucumber stick, enoki mushroom wrapped in salmon sashimi and top with MENTAIKO!

Yes! MENTAIKO! The mentaiko which Cheesie loves!

10
One of my favorite of the night. Eggplant with Unagi! (I don’t remember the Japanese name for this dish) I love eggplants, I love unagi! Combine them together makes me happy! The eggplants were so flavorful that I can eat it alone without the unagi. 

11
Old-time favorite – Gyoza.

12
New on the menu – Tofu steak. The flakes were yums! But the tofu spelled blandness that night.

13
NOW THIS IS THE BOMB!!!!!

SO BOMBASTIC THAT I MUST USE CAPS AND I DON’T CARE IF YOU HATE IT!

WAGYU TEPPANYAKI!

One word, ORGASMIC! It exploded to moment I popped into my mouth and took the first chew! Nothing compare to *cough*Charcoal’s*cough* so-called wagyu steak Joseph tried last time. It’s B$18.00 but definitely worth every single cent of it. We (Bobby and I) are so going to order this again the next time we visit Excapade!

Seriously, you won’t regret it.

14
Other teppanyaki and Beef bacon with asparagus.

It’s nice but after tasting the bomb, the wagyu.. other’s were no fight for it.
Hehhehehe.

15
Piping hot prawn tempuras!

16
Duck Teppanyaki

Bobby was so excited to see that on the menu and straight away ordered this. It’s quite rare to see duck served in Brunei don’t you think?

17
Closed up of the duck teppanyaki~

18
Another new stuff from the menu, Caterpillar roll!
What a cute name!

 

19
The other table ordered shabu shabu and we just hijacked whatever we saw and didn’t ordered.

20
Tropical Roll.
Shirleyrieviannamonayanie, this is for you.
Crabsticks, salmon skin, tamago with salmon sashimi and mango slice.

21
A clearer view of the shabu-shabu set.

22
Umm… soba omelet?

They also have Japanese pizza, oysters pan cake too.

23
The sashimi bucket with a lot of unknown fishes.               

24
Teppanyaki Slipper Prawns.

No idea how it taste like because the boys ordered that.

25
And also this teppanyaki lobster, didn’t manage to try it too.
Ask Thanis and Marul~

But I did get to try out this though..
Hokkaido Snow Crab legs..


Photo from LFHW.

Thanis popped them raw but the (less adventurous) rest of us cooked them in the shabu shabu pot before eating. It was so good! Now I can proudly say, “Never been to Hokkaido at least ever eat Hokkaido snow crab!”.  HAHAHHAHAHHAAH

26
The chefs.

I love how the owners of Excapade pay attention to tiny details. The transparent plastic masks that looks like retainers are actually for hygiene reason, prevent saliva from dripping on to the food. The owners searched high and low for that and finally got them from Japan.

The reason why teppanyaki will be prepared by the chefs and not by customers is because to prevent customers from having smoky smells on their hairs and cloths and also… you have to admit that the tables are going to be really oily and messy right? We’ll just leave cooking to the professionals all right.

Another thing that gave me a smile that day was their toilets.
Hehehheee.. Maybe it’s not worth mentioning but I like it.

. . . Their toilet bowls have integrated bidet!!

Okay, not gonna say much on it because I was talking all about food and suddenly toilet matters. Macam not so polite.

This,

27
is the very last thing I want to brag about…..

30

THEIR ICE CREAMSSSSSSSSSS!!!          

28

You can have either Vanilla with mango syrup or the good old macha ice cream, which is a must-have for me after a satisfying meal.

But instead of the plain old red bean paste, they have added some new stuffs to it to make it more interesting. Now you don’t need to get torn from deciding whether you want ice cream with fruit cocktails or red bean. Just have them all!

Plus, sliced oranges, mochi (glutinous rice balls) and cornflakes!

GENIUS!!

29

It was such a great dining experience and everyone was so so so happy after eating.

And now I can’t wait for the Seria branch to be opened! Excapade is getting nearer and nearer to me. 

6 comments:

Tina D said...

Mmm! Wagyu!

*salivates excessively*

Nonnie King said...

Must eat it again!

Tina D said...

Let's go there for another Girly Bloggers sungkai. This time, you have to make it! LOL.

Esma said...

ergh..my mouth is watering...near Akira? near huaho mall o far away frm dat place?

Nonnie King said...

Tina : Okie, I'l try my best

MizArWen : Far from Hua Ho though..

Vicky 刘宁 said...

Too bad I didn't try out the "grilling" part and dessert part lol.. next time I shall bring more tummies (friend) with me X)