Friday, January 15, 2016

My 2015



I lied.

I never finish blogging my travelogue. *awkward dry laugh*

But nevermind, let’s try something simpler this time.

Because Maurina (Wow! Hyperlink! Been a really long time since I linked someone in this blog *another awkward dry laugh*) has been super semangat in blogging recently (2016 new year resolution kah?), so here I am now, trying to blog as well.


*Photos all from my Instagram account because I’m lazy like that*

January


 Tried Blackball with the GBs for the first time and couldn’t even finish half of what we ordered.

 
Took rock climbing as my ECA in UBD and only attended one session.

My alasans included:
– no time, need to finish my assignments.
- Finally finish my assignment, I deserve a good rest.
- Seems like it’s going to rain soon. No point going.
- Weather very good… in fact, too good liao. So hot, can I just nap at home?
- I don’t know anyone there, very sien, I go also alone gong gong sit there wait for my turn

So ya…. Well, at least I tried… once.


 
Second year, second semester.
My favorite module – Ceramics and Product Design.
First assignment was making clay stamps and coil pot.


 Cut my hair short because I cannot tahan my hair dropped a lot and left a trail like Hansel and Gretel. Felt much lighter, used less shampoo and less time to dry it. But then, now I don’t know whether I should leave it long again or cut it short. Every woman’s hair dilemma. 

February  
 
 Celebrated my Chusband’s 31st birthday by making him a carrot cake and a cheat birthday card. 


 Brought 48 down to Miri to choose wedding gown for her big day.


















Celebrated Valentine’s day with my pig-dog friends (because we were born either in the year of dog or boar, 猪朋狗友, but we are not bad company hor) in Miri, feasting on seafood. After dinner, we went back to hotel to doll up because we were thinking to go pub or clubbing but failed badly. Went in the club, they ordered a beer, hated the atmosphere and the cigarette smell, left the place and had a Mala-steamboat instead. We were so not cool.  


 Wanted to help 48 save some money and thought bridal car decoration should be an easy task, wah lao eh…. Piece of advice, just let the florists earn lah. Not worth the hassle. Mau mati already doing it.
 
 But it’s all worth it because she’s my best friend. I’ve been waiting for them to tie the knot till neck also longer than giraffe.



 Door games for the groom. Simple for us, but challenging for Shane. Added in some of my childhood photos to confuse him sekali my own husband also keh kiang, thought my photo is 48 one. Damn fail, or success ah?

 Became a tour guide for the angmohs. 

 
And… completed my first assignment after several attempts.

The first coil pot I made shattered into pieces after firing in Dr. Martie’s hand because I didn’t connect the pieces properly. So I had to redo everything and luckily the second one finished just in time. Still, never see me as an Art student in my life before.


March
 Celebrated Chau and Vai’s belated birthday with the Garden Circlings. 


 Second assignment for the ceramic module – Candle holder.
This product is now in my living room helping me to welcome guests. 


 Went crazy and ordered 8 pairs of shoes from Zalora. 2 didn’t fit me well and I sold them cheaply to Natalie and was on a shoe shopping diet till now. 

 
Still need to attend mundane classes and did an OOTD in the class to pass time.
I’m not a very attentive student, but I know when to “look” attentive, nodding my head and looking straight to the lecturer’s eyes and pretended that I have a clue (because I’m a teacher myself. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. Dear future students, please don’t try this unless you are going to be very hardworking after class like teacher Nonnie ok?)



April
 
Final assignment for the ceramic class, mask made of air dry clay.
Making the face is not difficult, the hard part was the accessories for the head.
You have no idea how much an art student spent on their assignments… No wonder art students very kapeh.

 
The Chusband (chubby husband, incase you’re wondering) finally graduated.
He very kanasai ok, everytime we argued or debated over something (which is usually not important or just talking cock), or he wanted to lecture me over something like me procrastinating, he will bring out the “I have the Master’s degree and you are still an undergraduate student. So listen to me ok.”
Please tell me I have every rights to slap him.
(I didn’t la, I know he was just joking but very kanasai lo. But now I suan him back with my CGPA and also with the “I was awarded the book prize and also in the Dean’s list wor, you leh? Save your breath.”

 May

 Had a garage sale with the PSJ girls and donated all the earnings.

 
First trip of the year, Penang with PSL and Shay.

Bumped into 莎莎 (SaSa) and 顏永烈 (Yan Yong Lie), the two hosts of 食尚玩家 (Super Taste), the most popular tourism and cuisine programme in Taiwan and had my 30 seconds of fame in the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMEZrIqYi7k
(17:30 onwards if you only want to see me. Perasaan)


 Hens Night for Zed and it was an awesome night because it was so rare that we were a complete group!
Now it’s even harder with Zed leaving PSJ. *cries*




June
 Went to Singapore with mummy dearest. 

 
Make full use of the Sungkai promotion.
Twice to Excapade, once to Sorisso, i-Lotus and Freshco

 Sent out Raya cards because that’s what we did 15, 20 years ago. 

 
Had a mini gathering with the D.I.E ladies (Diploma in Education)



July
The happiest month!

Went to Melbourne…
Played in the snow, had super fresh and cheap oysters, café hopping, the fresh strawberries and cherries. Aiyah, I wanna go back there lah!

And also Gold Coast because 48 is there.
Hello Kangaroo, Bugs Bunny and Batman.



August

Started my 14 weeks internship in ISB KB and met a lot of awesome people, the staffs and the students. The school wowed me so much that my PSJ colleagues got worried that I may not want to go back to government school. Truth is, I don’t have a choice. 10 years bond man…
慢满挨啦。。有排挨啊!

September

 Joined the calligraphy workshop for beginners and met some awesome people!


 Zed finally hitched!

 And we continued to have fun


 Received my first Teacher’s Day gift in 3 years. 

 Registered for the Heroes run but didn’t participate because wasn’t feeling well that morning.
Oh well, there’s always next time. 

 
I have been awarded the book prize and hope there’s more to come. Must work even harder for my final year!
Bobby got me roses and potato chips to congratulate me and also it was our 3rd ROM anniversary.
He called me his Einstein. Hahahhahahhhaa

October
 Went crazy in Hallyu. 


 Attended friend’s wedding

 Class trip to OGDC with the Year 3 to 7 and thought them on making containers out of clay.
 We also made a papermache volcano together and also celebrated Halloween for the first time in my life.
 Finally got to try the Nasi Katok Sotong from Café Maurina and it was unforgettable. Bila next pop up sales Mau?
 
Beach clean up + walkathon with the ISB kids.



November
 Awesome birthday celebration with the people I love!


 Ended my internship and received really beautiful handmade cards from the students and flowers from the staffs. 

 FussyKelly surprised us with another cake and made us eat sushi full of wasabi from playing the pop-up pirate toy. 


 















Watched my very first football match


















 
Dressed up as the Flintstones for PSJ annual dinner and got the second place!



December

 Mrs. Lim for three years already. 

 
Ate a lot in KK. A LOT!
(And suffered from a real bad food poisoning when we’re back in Brunei…. eat lah, eat more lah!)
 Christmas eve celebration in Miri Marriot with lousy food and bad air-conditioning!
Lucky this awesome bunch made up for the bad thing and we had lots of fun exchanging (stupid) gifts.

Each of us need to buy 3 gifts from Daiso and we made our own rule for white elephant game. 

 Made my own planner because I karit like that.
And also, fell in love with watercolor. 

Spent my new year’s eve having big feast at the Gans and left early to have roti kosong with the sick PSL.

There, my 2015 in a big ass nutshell.
Come to think of it, my 2015 was pretty fruitful and I hope my 2016 will be as good as it.

No comments: